All Things O's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All Things O's

Let's Talk bout dem O's.Trouble makers will be shown the door.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  MLB.COM  Baltimore Sun   O's Official Site  O's Rumors  MLB Score Board  League Standings  IHeartMASN Video Links  MLB Ticket Window  Log inLog in  

Getting it off my chest

Go down 
+4
esmd
I_Love_AngelOs
David
bleedingorangandblack
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bleedingorangandblack

bleedingorangandblack

Getting it off my chest Empty
PostSubject: Getting it off my chest   Getting it off my chest Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 2:26 am

I know I’m going to get flak for this and I really don’t give a crap. Its sad to go into our ballpark and be outnumbered by the opposing ball clubs fans. I know we have had 10 straight losing season I know the team has let us down in the past I know that most hate the owner, but does that mean we should stop supporting our team. Now I’m sure I’m going to get the typical responses of will it Peters fault or they don’t have Baltimore on the jersey or the favorite we haven’t had a winning season for 10 years. Well I have news for you Boston didn’t win a World Series for who knows how long and their fans still showed up. The Yankees the most overrated team in the past 8 years their fans still show up, but yet we sit home and do nothing. We are the only club who has fans that walk out on their team hell even Royals fans show up. I’m not saying people on this board aren’t fans or that they don’t care about the birds all I’m saying is that based on tonight, I bet those guys on the field didn’t think they were playing at home.
Sorry in advance for the rant.

One last thing
KEVIN RUN HARD FROM THIS POINT ON
Back to top Go down
David

David

PostSubject: Re: Getting it off my chest   Getting it off my chest Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 5:15 am

bleedingorangandblack wrote:
I know I’m going to get flak for this and I really don’t give a crap. Its sad to go into our ballpark and be outnumbered by the opposing ball clubs fans. I know we have had 10 straight losing season I know the team has let us down in the past I know that most hate the owner, but does that mean we should stop supporting our team. Now I’m sure I’m going to get the typical responses of will it Peters fault or they don’t have Baltimore on the jersey or the favorite we haven’t had a winning season for 10 years. Well I have news for you Boston didn’t win a World Series for who knows how long and their fans still showed up. The Yankees the most overrated team in the past 8 years their fans still show up, but yet we sit home and do nothing. We are the only club who has fans that walk out on their team hell even Royals fans show up. I’m not saying people on this board aren’t fans or that they don’t care about the birds all I’m saying is that based on tonight, I bet those guys on the field didn’t think they were playing at home.

One last thing

One reason I came over to this Board was to get away from Poster(s) telling me how to be a fan and now here's another one holier than thou again who is also a whiny, crybaby, MR. Dudley Dogood type as well.
Back to top Go down
bleedingorangandblack

bleedingorangandblack

PostSubject: Re: Getting it off my chest   Getting it off my chest Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 12:07 pm

its an O's board if you dont like it then leave. Im not telling anyone who to be anything not my place just stating my opion just like everyone else.
Back to top Go down
I_Love_AngelOs

I_Love_AngelOs

PostSubject: Re: Getting it off my chest   Getting it off my chest Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 12:40 pm

One last thing

Actually if you look at the attendance from Fenway when the Sox stunk they were playing infront of a far-from-packed stadium. Same goes for the Yankees when they stunk.

Winning is the cure-all for attendance. It's a little harder for me to go to O's games living in So-Cal now but I did go to 3 straight games when they came out to play the Angels. When I lived in MD I would go to around 7-8 games a year at OPACY and another 2-3 in DC when the O's played the Nat's there.
Back to top Go down
esmd
Admin
esmd

PostSubject: Re: Getting it off my chest   Getting it off my chest Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 12:42 pm

Easy Dave. We're all friends here. I can understand his frustration, even though I think it's a bit misguided. I posted my thoughts over on SS, I won't repeat them here.
Back to top Go down
bleedingorangandblack

bleedingorangandblack

PostSubject: Re: Getting it off my chest   Getting it off my chest Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 1:25 pm

I_Love_AngelOs wrote:

One last thing

Actually if you look at the attendance from Fenway when the Sox stunk they were playing infront of a far-from-packed stadium. Same goes for the Yankees when they stunk.

Winning is the cure-all for attendance. It's a little harder for me to go to O's games living in So-Cal now but I did go to 3 straight games when they came out to play the Angels. When I lived in MD I would go to around 7-8 games a year at OPACY and another 2-3 in DC when the O's played the Nat's there.

I'm not saying it should be a packed house but when a club of the Red Sox stature comes into town it would be nice to feel like the home team
Back to top Go down
bleedingorangandblack

bleedingorangandblack

PostSubject: Re: Getting it off my chest   Getting it off my chest Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 1:26 pm

esmd wrote:
Easy Dave. We're all friends here. I can understand his frustration, even though I think it's a bit misguided. I posted my thoughts over on SS, I won't repeat them here.
Thanks esmd
again not trying to tel those how to be a fan. trust me im sure some here are more overboard than me im just saying that it stunk to be sitting in the yard and being drowned out by sox fans
Back to top Go down
Hail2bng

Hail2bng

PostSubject: Re: Getting it off my chest   Getting it off my chest Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 2:05 pm

This whole load of shit that Boston fans were all still showing up when their team blew is just that, shit. Also, they experienced dramatic losses. They haven't gone through ten years of losing since 1933.
Back to top Go down
bleedingorangandblack

bleedingorangandblack

PostSubject: Re: Getting it off my chest   Getting it off my chest Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 2:11 pm

Hail2bng wrote:
This whole load of shit that Boston fans were all still showing up when their team blew is just that, shit. Also, they experienced dramatic losses. They haven't gone through ten years of losing since 1933.
Thanks hail
Back to top Go down
BMONJ
Admin
BMONJ

PostSubject: Re: Getting it off my chest   Getting it off my chest Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 2:35 pm

esmd wrote:
Thanks esmd
again not trying to tel those how to be a fan. trust me im sure some here are more overboard than me im just saying that it stunk to be sitting in the yard and being drowned out by sox fans

Throwing in my two cents,with the cost of gas and about a three hundred mile round trip.I for one would not go to an O's Yanks(O's Boston)game just for that reason.I probably would get indicted with the temper I have. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://myfreeadboard.com/go/d93
Hail2bng

Hail2bng

PostSubject: Re: Getting it off my chest   Getting it off my chest Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 2:48 pm

I'll assume that was sarcasm. Also, while the Yanks haven't won it all since 2000, to call them overrated is kind of silly since I believe they have the best combined record over the period you mentioned.
Back to top Go down
rfxtap

rfxtap

PostSubject: Re: Getting it off my chest   Getting it off my chest Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 2:53 pm

... i'm just saying that it stunk to be sitting in the yard and being drowned out by sox fans
If I lived in Baltimore I would not go to Boston and Yankee games for that reason. They would ruin my enjoyment of the game.

This whole business of dressing in the opposing team's uniforms and annoying the home crowd is a modern cultural phenomenon. Strangers were not so "in your face" years ago.

It is harder to assemble pitching than hitting, so I think MacPhail has taken a good first step in leading the Orioles toward respectability. BTW, MacPhail was never regarded as a genius in Chicago. Most people here thought he was just passing time until he could become the baseball commissioner..
Back to top Go down
bleedingorangandblack

bleedingorangandblack

PostSubject: Re: Getting it off my chest   Getting it off my chest Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 4:36 pm

Hail2bng wrote:
I'll assume that was sarcasm. Also, while the Yanks haven't won it all since 2000, to call them overrated is kind of silly since I believe they have the best combined record over the period you mentioned.
Main Entry: over·rate
Pronunciation: \ˈō-vər-ˌrāt\
Function: transitive verb
Date: 1610
: to rate, value, or estimate too highly

Sounds like the Yanks to me Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Hail2bng

Hail2bng

PostSubject: Re: Getting it off my chest   Getting it off my chest Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 4:52 pm

As I already wrote, they have had the best record over that span. You can can call them disappointing but not overrated. Overrated would be a team like the Cowboys who haven't won a playoff game since 1996 yet are hyped as if they are the Pats.
Back to top Go down
David

David

PostSubject: Re: Getting it off my chest   Getting it off my chest Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 7:50 pm

One last thing
Did you ever consider the fact that the Yankees have been in the Playoffs for what? 13 straight years as a possible reason why they are supported by their fans?
Back to top Go down
bleedingorangandblack

bleedingorangandblack

PostSubject: Re: Getting it off my chest   Getting it off my chest Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 2:45 pm

Hail2bng wrote:
As I already wrote, they have had the best record over that span. You can can call them disappointing but not overrated. Overrated would be a team like the Cowboys who haven't won a playoff game since 1996 yet are hyped as if they are the Pats.
Cowboys spend tons of money and we dont win and we are overrated
Yankees spend tons of money and the are just a disappointment confused
Back to top Go down
David

David

PostSubject: Re: Getting it off my chest   Getting it off my chest Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 5:09 pm

David wrote:

One last thing
Did you ever consider the fact that the Yankees have been in the Playoffs for what? 13 straight years as a possible reason why they are supported by their fans?

I guess you haven't.
Back to top Go down
bleedingorangandblack

bleedingorangandblack

PostSubject: Re: Getting it off my chest   Getting it off my chest Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 9:02 pm

David wrote:
David wrote:

One last thing

I guess you haven't.
to me that sounds like a fair weather fan silent
Back to top Go down
Hail2bng

Hail2bng

PostSubject: Re: Getting it off my chest   Getting it off my chest Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 12:46 pm

Huh? How can you tell if the fans are fair weather when the only weather they've had over that span is fair?
Back to top Go down
bleedingorangandblack

bleedingorangandblack

PostSubject: Re: Getting it off my chest   Getting it off my chest Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 4:18 pm

Hail2bng wrote:
Huh? How can you tell if the fans are fair weather when the only weather they've had over that span is fair?
ok so what term do you use to refer to fans who only support a team when they are doing well??????????
Back to top Go down
Hail2bng

Hail2bng

PostSubject: Re: Getting it off my chest   Getting it off my chest Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 11:28 am

Hail2bng wrote:
ok so what term do you use to refer to fans who only support a team when they are doing well??????????

You have the right term but you're applying it to people who can't be judged at this moment. Fair weather is much like the Cowboys fans who hardly bought tickets when their team was down. If only they had a consecutive sell out streak like other teams. Of course that's hard to do when most of your fans are bandwagoners who have never been to Texas muchless Dallas. I always say the difference between me and most Cowboys fans is I've been to Texas Stadium to see a game.
Back to top Go down
bleedingorangandblack

bleedingorangandblack

PostSubject: Re: Getting it off my chest   Getting it off my chest Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 6:01 pm

Hail2bng wrote:
Hail2bng wrote:

You have the right term but you're applying it to people who can't be judged at this moment. Fair weather is much like the Cowboys fans who hardly bought tickets when their team was down. If only they had a consecutive sell out streak like other teams. Of course that's hard to do when most of your fans are bandwagoners who have never been to Texas muchless Dallas. I always say the difference between me and most Cowboys fans is I've been to Texas Stadium to see a game.
If my wife would let me trust me i would go every sunday ( going this season as they are playing here raisins).
Back to top Go down
weird-O

weird-O

PostSubject: Re: Getting it off my chest   Getting it off my chest Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 10:31 pm

One last thing

Hi guys,

this is my first post here. a litle bird told me about this place. isn't that clever "a little bird" - the O's, get it lol!

anyway, here's the thing. Boston & NY don't win the WS every season, but there is no denying that the folks who run those franchises try to win. I don't believe PGA has that same drive. personally, my 2 year absence from OPACY is a result of simple economics. that team is not worth my entertainment dollar. what I see in your post is the attitude of, I owe it to the team to spend my time and money, regardless of their condition. that's not how I see it. they owe me a winner. clearly we differing philosophies on this topic. but I thought I would express mine.
Back to top Go down
BMONJ
Admin
BMONJ

PostSubject: Re: Getting it off my chest   Getting it off my chest Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 9:40 pm

weird-O wrote:

One last thing

Hi guys,

this is my first post here. a litle bird told me about this place. isn't that clever "a little bird" - the O's, get it lol!

anyway, here's the thing. Boston & NY don't win the WS every season, but there is no denying that the folks who run those franchises try to win. I don't believe PGA has that same drive. personally, my 2 year absence from OPACY is a result of simple economics. that team is not worth my entertainment dollar. what I see in your post is the attitude of, I owe it to the team to spend my time and money, regardless of their condition. that's not how I see it. they owe me a winner. clearly we differing philosophies on this topic. but I thought I would express mine.

Welcome aboard,I guess the little bird approved your membership.. Laughing It's been kind of dead here I created this board to get away from Travis and his ilk
but it seems the others on Sunspot would rather argue with him than post here.
Back to top Go down
http://myfreeadboard.com/go/d93
weird-O

weird-O

PostSubject: Re: Getting it off my chest   Getting it off my chest Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 9:46 pm

BMONJ wrote:
weird-O wrote:

One last thing

Hi guys,

Welcome aboard,I guess the little bird approved your membership.. Laughing It's been kind of dead here I created this board to get away from Travis and his ilk
but it seems the others on Sunspot would rather argue with him than post here.

thanks B-Man.

I love the idea of a board w/o the hijackers, etc. I've been really busy at work and home, so I haven't been able to follow baseball very much this season. I've pretty much given up on sunspot, so I was happy to learn about his board. thanks for starting it up. I'm not sure if word has spread about it or not. but I can think of a few guys who don't like the off-topic stuff on sunspot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting it off my chest   Getting it off my chest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting it off my chest
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All Things O's :: O's Forums :: Gripes and Grumblings-
Jump to: